Thursday, March 09, 2006

Why am I doing this?


I'm 24 years old, on to year four on my career, paying out my taxes and cautiously braving all the odds life is throwing my path and my beloved yet seemingly God forsaken country... so why do I need a blog? Why am I doing this? Don't I have enough problems of my own? Do I have the perfect luxury of time and resources to engage in this kind of thing? Is this going to affect anything?

Well, personally I think the answer lies in my need to create an outlet. A diversion for all the pent up frustrations, disappointments and criticism I have been holding back for much too long.

Early on I know that life especially here in the Philippines is no bag of m&m's. I had heard and read enough about the political circus the clowns in government had been running. I had been appalled over and over again by the manner Philippine law had been bended, twisted and expanded to accommodate the whims of an elitist minority at the expense of the people. A grim reality indeed. (Sigh)

As other bloggers both professional and amateur like Manuel Quezon III and Ala Paredes blogging is an effective tool they use to let people know their personal take on matters that affect them and society. In a way they help other people like me to form my on opinion and views on matter. Blogging widens ones perception on things, as Mr. Manolo said during the "Express Yourself" seminar hosted by the Friedrich Naumann Foundation.

Working for the government as well as some private companies all these past years had somehow made me feel unaffected with the issues happening around me. Many times I caught myself when watching the news. It frightens because that some issues and events do not struck me as how they use to. I'm more concern on getting to work early and getting home in time or wondering when would the next bonus come out. It’s like I have been reduced to small apathetic creature caught in the rat race.

It is a sad reality I and my future sons and daughters face. But I refuse to accept this to be that is all. I am saying "NO" to all the vile Philippine society is plunge into. Today I blog for information and freedom of expression, I blog for empowerment and education, I blog for conscious change towards real democratic and genuine reforms. Today, I blog for the future.

No comments: