Thursday, March 09, 2006

I Speak!

From my original blog entitled:"First Few Time"

Today, I am given a renewed chance I thought I had lost after graduating from college. Today I am introduced to a new tool, weapon and armor.

Today I learn to blog!

I maybe quite late in catching on to this trend since it had been around for a long time already. But never did I realize just how much fun and exciting it can be to blog. (Friendster better watch out competition is here!) I had been reading other people’s blog every now and then. I can just stare in awe on with blogs other people create and the magnificent skins and backgrounds their blogs have. They seem to be more life like, more alive than I am.

I said I’ll never be able to produce anything like that! What can I do? Blogging is not for me.

Well, I guess I was wrong. Thanks to a seminar/workshop I stumble upon on-line, things opened up for me. Through the Friedrich Naumann Foundation’s “Express yourself” Seminar Workshop, I realize blogging maybe just what I need. Imagine no less than Mr. Manuel Quezon III gave us an informative lecture on blogging.

I am just a simple guy, but having read and watched that man speak and most of the time agreeing or getting provoke to think by his analysis and thoughts, it’s pretty awesome. Also being expertly guided by Sir Abe through the process of creation, setup and writing a blog boost my confidence that I can indeed blog. (and hopefully be good at it)

Reminiscing my high school and college days, I remember being very opinionated and vocal about these opinions. The academic environment had created an atmosphere of freedom that I speak on things the way I see them without fear. Sadly, after leaving the university and being hired to work for a local government executive I realize one terrible truth. In the real world you have to turn blind or deaf or mute as the occasion calls for if you want to stay on your job.

Realizing this I quit. I cannot live a life being gagged.

Now, I realize there is a way to break away from the oppressive reality we live in. Blog.

Being equipped with the basic know-how on blogging setup, and basic journalistic ideas I know I am again revived to my freedom. I know that I too can be alive more alive if possible.

Today is the start, I blog to live and live to blog.

1 comment:

rax di maggio said...

Thank you RM for the oppurtunity to learn and rediscover apart of myself. Im looking forward to my podcast too!